The H2OforElephants crew was at the open call for about 4 hours. Most of the assistants running around didn’t say much during that time…UNTIL!
Casting Directors Kristan and Ethan came outside to chat with the remaining folks in line. It was 2 o’clock and they wanted to go. However, they wanted to come outside to answer everyone’s questions and greet the folks that had been standing in the sun, waiting to be seen. Once they left, the people in line would still get to submit their head shots and measurements to assistants.
Kristan and her posse worked the line, chatting up folks, connecting with veteran extras, and of course, giving info.
What kind of info you ask?
WaterforElephantsfilm.com EXCLUSIVE: The following information was revealed by Kristan and her assistant
- Production will last 55 days (considered a short production)
- All filming will take place in Los Angeles and surrounding areas (as we know, Santa Paula & Filmore are the main locations)
- Sande Alessi is the main casting agency
- They’ve seen 1000 people so far for extra work
- WfE is the largest number of extras Sande Alessi has cast
- They have been casting the following roles: fire eaters, bowling pin jugglers, aerialists, trapeze artists and more
- There will be people cast to play in 2 music bands, be sawed in half, and lay on a bed of nails
- They are casting rubes (audience members) and obviously, the roustabouts (workers)!
- They shared their personal opinion that Water For Elephants is going to be a HUGE movie and the actors at the call should be excited (squeeeee!)
- The men cast are expected to be available for most of the filming if not all. They were told 10-60 days of work.
- There will be 7000+ man days
What are man days? Kristan explained this:
Man days are the amount of days worked by the number of extras hired. For example, if you hire 300 people and they work 3 days each, that’s 900 man days.
Actors that came out on on Saturday will be the main group that gets hired since they were among the first seen. If they match the criteria, they’re in the circus
Check out pictures tomorrow as the adventures in open casting calls continues! Do you think these actors will fit the part and join the most spectacular movie on earth (WfE reference)!?