Casting Couch – Who is left to be cast in ‘Water for Elephants?’

From the Water for Elephants Casting Couch

Now that Old Jacob has been cast and Hal Holbrook will tell the Benzini Brothers story, it’s time to sit back down on the casting couch and take a look at our list. Who is left to be cast in Water for Elephants? Let’s take a look, shall we?

In order of appearance:

• Charlie
  • Old Timer
  • Blackie
  • Camel
  • Grady
  • Bill
  • Wade
  • Earl
  • Diamond Joe
  • Crazy Joe
  • Cecil
  • Kinko (Walter)
  • Queenie (Jack Russel Terrier)
  • Rosie’s Caretaker
  • Rosie (the elephant!)
  • Greg
  • Barbara
  • Nell

The script is a little different than the book. According to the script copy that I have Jacob’s roommate, EDWARD, is not in the movie, only the book.

Who are you most excited to see cast next?

This entry was posted in Casting, Water for Elephants and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Casting Couch – Who is left to be cast in ‘Water for Elephants?’

1. Nancy says:

Kinko/Walter :)

2. Kim says:

I can’t wait to see Rosie and Queenie. I can’t wait to see Rob with the animals.

Also I have a picture for Walter and I want to see if it is the same as the directors.

3. Brianna says:

i think Rachel Mcadams should be casted as Marlena not Reese Witherspoon…Rachel Mcadams is one of bthe greatest and beautifulest actresses…she did beautifully in the notebook, time travelers wife, sherlock holmes, and in mean girls!!! you should reconsider!!

4. cherry says:

Barbara and Nell wooohooo ;-)
    this scene is gonna be fun

5. Luna says:

I cannot wait to see Walter (Kinko)!! Throughout the whole book I imagined him as Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) so hopefully my vision will come true! Or at least it will be improved, though I doubt it because Verne is top notch!

6. Candy says:

I would play the part of a cooch girl, Nell, and wouldn’t mind one bit if Robert hurled his guts out on me… ITS ROB!

7. apotampkin says:

What about Uncle Al ? Isn’t he in the script? I can’t remember because I read it before the book….

• tinkrbe1l3 says:

he’s not….his character is combined with august in the script. it works tho so dont be disappointed. i read the script first and was enthralled with the august character. very dynamic. then reading the book, it felt like a new layer….the movie wont hurt because of this combo deal.

• apotampkin says:

ah cool… that explains why I was confused when I first started reading the book.. I had thought that August ran the circus. And in the script he does.

8. Natalie Feia says:

Did they cast the extras yet? I know they already had the auditions.

9. Susan says:

Camel….They’re gonna need another older actor for that one. Oh and Queenie…wonder who will play Queenie…..

10. deb24601 says:

I know this is crazy but for some reason I can only picture Charlie as the guy from Lost who plays Locke’s dad. I can see it clear as a bell!

11. marie says:

I can’t wait to see who will play Camel and Kinko

12. Dee says:

Kinko is a very interesting character. I agree that the scene with Barbara and Nell will be fun.

13. passionsonsflower says:

Barbra of course for one. I’m wondering how the script reads for the character and who will be brave enough to take the part. I liked Camel from the start and am curious as to who is being considered

14. Mia says:

I remember reading the book and going ‘EDWARD is Jacobs roomate?’ lol what are the odds? I cannot wait to see Roise, Kinko and Camel. I really am interested to see who will play Camel. And I can’t wait to see Rob and Reese act out Jacob and Marlenas really sweet romance.

15. a fan Frenchgirl of Rob says:

Where did you find the script of circus ? You can say it to me please. Think you.

PS : I’m sorry for my english, I’m french !

16. a fan Frenchgirl of Rob says:

I’m so sorry : I wanted to say “thank you” I was mistaken in letter. Shame on myself !

17. LarissaH says:

Peter Dinklage is the obvious choice for Walter/Kinko. Any other casting would be a huge disappointment.

18. Scarlett71177 says:

I totally saw Peter Dinklage for Walter/Kinko. I think he has the right attitude and is the right age, etc…

I can kind of see Michael Caine as Camel. Someone who could both provoke irrepressable sadness but humor as well.

Is the script floating around?

19. urcreative says:

I would like to see Rosemary the caretaker played by Sanaa Lathan or Kimberly Elise.

20. urcreative says:

I was referring to Jacob’s Nurse in the book her name is Rosemary. Will this character be in the movie?