Another Oscar Nominee attached to WfE!! Meet the Score Composer!

More exciting news!!! James Newton Howard has been revealed as the composer of the score for Water for Elephants! Mr. Howard is an Emmy and Grammy winner along with a multiple Academy Award nominee. Some of my favourite movies are on his list of credits including, The Dark Knight (Oscar nominee), Pretty Woman, The Water Horse and, of course, I Am Legend, directed by one Francis Lawrence! This production just gets better and better!

James Newton Howard

Tweeted out by Water for Elephants director, Francis Lawrence (@Hibbits on twitter):

Yes he [james newton howard] is scoring the movie and he has already written and pre recorded a bunch of music for us. #WFE

Click here for Mr. Howard’s full list of credits. Any of your favourite movies or TV shows there?

sourceandsource

I write stuff. About books, music, movies... occasionally about Robert Pattinson. *whistles* I blog with WaterforElephantsFilm.com and CosmopolisFilm.com.
This entry was posted in Twitter, Water for Elephants. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Another Oscar Nominee attached to WfE!! Meet the Score Composer!

1. Lisa says:

His core for The Dark Knight was brilliant – Excellent choice for WFE!!

2. Lais Tavares says:

Great News!!! James Newton Howard is a great composer.

3. rpattzgirl says:

OMG!!!! this movie is going to WIN MANY OSCARS!!!!!

4. jan says:

This is great news to wake up to where I am!

I’ve lost count of the number of times over the years that I checked the movie credits at the end and found that it was James Newton Howard who composed the always amazing score which I heard. :D

GO Water for Elephants!!!!

5. Sue says:

OMG!!! this movie just keeps getting better and better….along with an outstanding cast, an elephant named Rosie and now AMr Howard as composer…this will indeed be Rob’s break-out role…EVERY picture that I’ve seen him in he’s”Jacob” this movie is going to be awesome= because the book was totally worth it-couldn’t out it down!!… I think I hear…”and the Oscar goes to………

6. Kenzie childress says:

To me, the score of the play makes the whole movie, it moves people. I can’t wait to hear it.

7. mel says:

WFE cast and crew for Oscars!

8. Caty says:

guys if anyone has doubts this movie will not be nominated for an oscar their completely stupid. its one of those movies made for awards. it has romance, action, but its also extrememly unique (i mean come awn one of the leads is a flippin elephant! ;)…….. i feel like we’ll see christoph with an oscar for the second year in a row :)

9. Kara says:

Excellent choice! The music is what draws you into the story, can’t wait for this score. Can we get an “Edward’s Lullaby” or theme, in these, the last movies? It’s his turn now!!

10. Pingback: I compositori dei nostri 3 film più attesi | Twilight Italia

11. tiger says:

this is kind of fascinating because i just watched a trailer for WFE and some of the music was taken from Nick Cave and Warren Ellis’s score for The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.