Interview: Robert Pattinson Talks the Good Life on ‘Water for Elephants’ Set

Robert Pattinson recently spoke to DiePresse.com about his surreal life on the ‘Water for Elephants’ set and his amazement of working with such grounded, Oscar-winning actors. Here’s what was said:

Rob and Christoph | Jacob and August

You are currently shooting “Water for Elephants” with the Austrian Christoph Waltz. How are you getting along with him?
Christoph is stunning, an insanely nice guy. He is not only a ridiculously good actor, he is also really funny, helpful, and a good colleague. I like his work ethic. I mean, the guy has won an Oscar—and despite that he is receptive, open-minded, and not the least bit snooty. And Reese Witherspoon is the same. It may be the nicest cast that I have worked with yet—a really great experience.

You seem to only work. What would the perfect day look like for you?
Recently I stood in the desert, far outside of L. A., and watched the sun set on a circus tent from 1930. Everywhere stood animals: elephants, tigers that should be loaded into a steam train. 300 extras in costumes raced around, the modern world had disappeared totally. Although that was totally fake, it still happened directly before my eyes! That was my perfect day. I would be gladly experience that every day. It happens continually to me: It calls itself work. That is wonderful and more than enough.

Rob, I would imagine that they have said similarly nice things about working with YOU! :)

Read the rest of this interview at RP Life.

Source :: Translation :: Via

This entry was posted in Christoph Waltz, Costumes, On Location, Props & Sets, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, Water for Elephants and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Interview: Robert Pattinson Talks the Good Life on ‘Water for Elephants’ Set

1. RoslynSelene says:

Stay in LA, Rob!
    It’s great here.
    (I may or may not just be saying that to keep you here longer.)
    =O)

2. tinkrbe1l3 says:

Oh swoooooooooooon!!!! He is perfect for this role :)

• Julie Domotor says:

I couldn’t agree more! Rob is the perfect man to play this part and pairing him with Reese is absolute brilliance.

3. Lynda Motl says:

Rob’s such a sweet person….just a sweetheart!!

4. jan says:

Intelligent, honest and cute insights as usual! :D

5. shash says:

I love his down-to-earthness….I wonder what he will do once WFE wraps up? Will he continue to live with KS, go back to England, buy a house in LA, …..inquiring minds want to know! Maybe it’s because he is new to this “movie life”, but HE is such a breath of fresh air…….

6. Elizabeth says:

I love Rob more every time I read or hear his honest comments.
    He is as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside.

7. naturaladdict says:

hmm have I mentioned before how much I love this man, oh I have? Ok, good. Totally swoon.

8. gkngc04 says:

as I read his comment about the sun setting on the circus tent…I literally said “mmmm” cause I felt his love for this movie….I mean I have also seen the sun setting on this 1930’s circus tent and felt the magic! I can’t wait for this movie to come out and know I was there to witness some of this creativity! thanks Rob! you are one in a million….

9. Rena says:

Rob i know you might be tirered now.But you are doing a good job at filming water for elephant.It”s going to pay off at the end.And you can go home and relax.We all are waiting to see the movie come out ,and am we will enjoy it.You worked very hard on the movie.You looked really handsome on set,and also the tux.I love you Rob.Take care of yourself Rob.And slow down on the smoking,we care about your health and wellfair.

10. Rena says:

Rob i know you might be tirered now.But you are doing a good job at filming water for elephant.It”s going to pay off at the end.And you can go home and relax.We all are waiting to see the movie come out ,and we will enjoy it.You worked very hard on the movie.You looked really handsome on set,and also the tux.I love you Rob.Take care of yourself Rob.And slow down on the smoking,we care about your health and wellfair.

11. Rena says:

Rob i know you might be tirered now.But you are doing a good job at filming water for elephant.It”s going to pay off at the end.And you can go home and relax.We all are waiting to see the movie come out ,and we will enjoy it.You worked very hard on the movie.You looked really handsome on set,and also in the tux.I love you Rob.Take care of yourself Rob.And slow down on the smoking,we care about your health and wellfair.

12. Fedora Marchioni Davis says:

stay happy and grounded- you seem to be too much of a really good person-stay that way-I appreciate and enjoy all your movies-always stay close to home and those who love you-