Reader Tess O’Malley did a little snooping around today and here is what she reports!

This afternoon I continued my search for information on the movie filming of Water for Elephants in Chattanooga.
I went to the Tennessee Railroad Museum and went inside and asked if anyone knew about the movie, but of course all the workers acted like I was insane.

Then I noticed some people working on the trains.

I went up and notice they were putting signs on the trains that said “Benzini Brothers Circus” on both sides of one of the trains. A kind lady working with the crew from LA they were setting up today and tomorrow. She says she didn’t know when they were filming there, but that leaves Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. My best guess it will be very early in the morning or very late at night when the museum is closed.

Thats all I know for now but I plan on returning to the museum each day to see them filming and find more information :)

Here are the pics of the signs (they were taken on my phone so sorry for the low quality)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This entry was posted in Filming Locations, On Location, Props & Sets, Water for Elephants and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to PHOTOS: Trains at the Tennessee Railroad Museum Turned into Benzini Circus Train!

1. gkngc04 says:

good snoopin!

2. leah says:

I can’t believe the movie is being filmed right here where I live and have grown up! It’s so awesome, but on the other hand I wish I could see Robert! I never dreamed he would be this close! I went to London to see the sights that he has seen, and not trying to be a creeper or anything but it’s my dream to meet him. That is almost all my best friend and I talk about. I have always dreamed of becoming an actress, but also didn’t think that I had much to help me because of being a nobody from Tennessee and now they are coming to us?! HOW SWEET!!!

PS: If Rob gets to see this…You are awesome! Wish that I could have met you, but I hope you get great southern hospitality:) LOVE YOU ROB!!

3. Thanks for posting! I love doing some good snooping :)

4. suzyquzy says:

It has been reported via a TV station reporting on the filming that the museum was going to be closed Monday and Tuesday.

5. CougerMuse says:

My first post. I am so looking forward to this movie. Rob is a fantastic actor and I thank you for this site, I fel a connection with all who post. I know there are others out there who feel like I do. Rob can make any character come to life. I have never felt this way about any other actor in my life.

6. Lynda Motl says:

I watched a vid clip from a local tv station in that area and they said that the museum would be closed for couple of days (I’m not sure how many they said). Just so you’ll know.

7. Stefanie says:

I would love it if someone could post where we might could just get a glimpse of him while he is in Chattanooga,TN! Don’t want to invade on his privacy or be some crazy fan….We would all just like to see him, since afterall….It’s a once in a lifetime thing and I don’t think much of us from TN will be getting to LA anytime soon….. :)

8. Nicole says:

If you are were wanting to see him he is filming at the home site set in Chickamauga GA. He arrived at 5:15 this morning and has been there most of the day. The house where they are filming is located on West Cove Road. The address would be something like West Cove Road, Chickamauga, GA 30707 (don’t know a house number). They did have the road blocked off one mile each direction so no one could get close to the house. However, at five this morning the road was open but was closed by 7:30. I know he will be filming there on and off for three days. The set will be broke down on Monday. You might be able to at least get a glimpse if you drove by.

I have a pic of the house but there is nowhere on this site to upload or attach a file. Good luck girls!

9. Kayla says:

Okay so I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to LA august 8 through 13. My goal of the trip is to somehow see Robert Pattinson. And now i don’t even need to fly across america. He’s in my hometown!! This is the most exciting thing that’s ever happened around here, since i’ve been alive anyway. I’m 18 by the way. I absolutely love him!! I’ll be going to the house before sun up tomorrow praying to get a glimpse of my favorite actor. :) I’d just love to know how they found that little house way out here…

10. Karen TenEyck says:

Hey, thanks for posting picture of the signs I designed! Glad it’s not ALL about Pattinson! LOL

11. Stefanie says:

Thanks Nicole! Just wondering if anyone knows if he will be there tomorrow (the house) or at the Railroad museum?? Or maybe both??? Hopefully, we can catch a glimpse somehow…..

12. Jackalyn says:

AAHHH the railroad museum is down the street from my house. I am such a huge fan of Rob’s and also love this book and was so excited they were making it into a movie. I will not be able to sleep this week knowing he is literary minutes from my house!

13. Pingback: Jamioo.com