‘Water for Elephants’ Wraps Principal Photography #WFE

Water for Elephants has wrapped principal photography as of 6:36pm PST on 8/3/10 according to tweets by director Francis Lawrence.

We have wrapped Jacob!

We still have three background plates to shoot tonight and then some more plates tomorrow. But principal photography is now done.

Dear Francis Lawrence,

Maya Angelou once said, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you MADE THEM FEEL.” Thank you, Francis, for making us all feel like part of your grand production. Cheers to the future success of #WFE!

Friends, please join us in celebrating this bittersweet moment in movie history!

This entry was posted in Francis Lawrence, On Location, Production, Water for Elephants and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to ‘Water for Elephants’ Wraps Principal Photography #WFE

1. RoslynSelene says:

*reverent silence for a few secs*…Congrats to everyone who was involved in the making of this film.
    PS: Waiting is NOT fun but SO worth it!

2. JA says:

it’s been a fun ride!

3. femroc says:

Cannot wait for this film. Sad for filming and set pix to be over, hate to wait 8 months, but will LOVE to see it over and over and over again.

4. JA says:

Jen, thanks from us all!

5. RoseT says:

This was sad news until a dear friend tweeted this: Mama_Cougar@Hibbits Dude…you have no earthly idea how much many of us would sacrifice to “wrap Jacob”. I’m just sayin’.

Gah! I laughed until I cried!!!!!!!!

6. Lynda Motl says:

You all have built the momentum to greatness which is called Water for Elephants staring Robert Pattinson!! I have followed you all the way and have enjoyed every minute!! I feel this is meant to be a great film and so it will be! I will be anxious to see this wonderful work of acting and filming! Congratulation in advance!!

7. Elizabeth says:

So much anticipation for this film. We have followed the process through the beginning. It almost feels like watching a child grow up. It’s sad to see it come to an end, but the finished product will be worth the wait.

8. Congratulations! *pops cork* Champagne for everyone!!

@RoseT – Mama Cougar is my first RL colliding with bloggy life, my soul sister, my people! Have we “met” yet? Are you going to FORKS with us?!

• RoseT says:

You’ve met Mama/Mary!?! I would love to meet her..and Rhodes, and Jenn (Spy Games), and Betsy (FFFW News thread admin). No, I can’t go to Forks. I have to start teaching the kiddies Aug. 10. I have inservice days starting tomorrow….Goodbye summer :0(

9. RoseT says:

17foreverlisa….are you aka lisaever?

10. mariarp says:

I just want to hug all of you wonderful people right now. This is emotional for me though I’m only living vicariously through you ladies. Thank you very much.

11. Maggie says:

This blog has been wonderful. I looked forward to it every day. I’m sad to see the filming ending – and even sadder because I feel a “Rob draught” coming on, but it just means that post-production can commence and the opening of what I know will be a terrific movie is that much closer. Thanks again to everyone who contributed here. I feel like I’m part of this movie somehow!

12. TongueTwied says:

Does this mean I can wrap up “WFE Jacob” and take him home with me?

13. @RoseT – Yes, I’ve met MC twice now and am going to Forks with her and the rest of the Twitarded gang thid fall. We have blogged about our trips together if you get a. Chance to check the posts out. She’s an absolute riot. Today is her birthday, you know ;) I only go by 17foreverlisa, btw.

14. Sus says:

A big “thank you ” to Francis Lawrence for including us in the filming of this movie with your tweets. A big “thank you” to JAG, Jen, Tink and Deb for this wonderful blog to keep us all informed on what was going on. And a big “thank you” to all the kinkers and set soldiers who sent pics, tweets, stories, etc. so the rest of us could live vicariously through you. And last, but not least, a big personal “thank you” to Rob Pattinson, who brings happiness and joy into my life. I cannot WAIT to see this movie. I believe it is going to be a break-out role for Rob, and a success for all involved!

xoxoSus

15. ElephantsFaithful100% says:

following this movie has been one of the highlights of my summer…and Jacob wrapped the same day I had to go back to work for the new school year! boohooooooo oh well

16. Sylvia says:

Thank you Francis Lawrence, can’t wait till the movie comes out here in Europe (Belgium)

17. Sylvia says:

Thanks Francis Laurence, I can’t wait till the movie comes out here in Europe (Belgium)

18. Nancy99 says:

I will always remember the summer of 2010 as the summer I fell in love with an elephant……..I looked forward everyday for scenes being filmed and the gorgeous pics of Jacob. A BIG thank you to all the kinders, the set soldiers and all the fans who’s excitement and love for all who were involved in this film went far and beyond. I will miss my daily WFE fix and can’t wait to see it on the big screen. GO team Rosie!

19. Wiltshire Glo says:

Wow! What a journey …. The blogs, the great pics, the tweets… all have made me feel like I’m part of something building. The majority of us came to WFE because of Robowski, but the whole movie is exciting – the stars, the extra special extras, the imagery, the period detail, the animals (Rosie / Tai especially!) … and the special caring-sharing Director! More than that though, it’s like we’re all sharing a lovely secret …. that this film will be the must-see next Easter and we’ve all been there, along for the ride gently supporting and encouraging from Day 1!
    Thanks to all the kinkers for sharing and making me lol on a daily basis!
    Can’t wait for any post production snippets from @Hibbets…

20. Tillawanda says:

As a fan of the book and the actors involved in the movie, following the making of WFE has been a real treat this summer. So looking forward to the film’s release next spring. To everyone involved in the production – thanks for taking the time and effort to share the experience with us. Great fun!

21. Veronika says:

Thank you Francis, you’re amazing, and appreciate your tweets so much. Big hugs to all of you, the whole cast and crew. Can’t wait to see the final product.

22. jan says:

Thank you SO MUCH, Francis for making the effort to share the experience of making this amazing movie with us! It’s been such a wonderful ride and I’m sure there’s loads more to go in post-production, which you’ll not doubt be sharing with us. ;)

Also…I’ve been asking for this from the start…PLEASE put all this into a ‘Making of Water for Elephants’ Movie Companion, filled with information about the cast, the crew, the menagarie, the fans and beautiful photos that we can keep for posterity…this movie so deserves a tribute like that!

23. Danielle says:

I have followed from the beginning and this has been quite an adventure! Thanks for sharing! This has been great. Can’t wait for the movie to come out! Thank you Francis for the tidbits of information behind the big picture, it’s been amazing. I will miss this enormously! Thanks to all the set soldiers for their fascinating stories and pictures!

24. shafirshades says:

I have been following from the beginning and thanks for giving us this excellent ride, for Francis and crew and the kinkers and set soldiers here, too, who have been sharing every scoop they got from the filming.

Can’t hardly wait for April 15th!

25. naturaladdict says:

I do think I am gonna cry… but it has been a great time, and so looking forward to April 15th!

26. penni says:

For everyone that has been involved in this movie I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Living in the UK I still felt a part of your journey. For Rob, Reese and Christopher who have been such friends of all the set soldiers and through them the rest of their fans. For the director, producer, set crew well basically anyone who has shown us what it’s like to be a part of something great and wonderful. I hope you all get the recognition you deserve. Thank you.

27. dtfangrrrl says:

I sure am going to miss the daily updates, but I’ve appreciated all the work involved – not only by those actually making the movie, but also by the makers of this blog. Seriously, WFE filming has made my summer bearable! I’ve been unemployed for 18 months, so it can be hard to find things to get excited about… ;)

Hurry up April 15th!!!!! :)

28. karen says:

Greetings from Canada and a BIG THANK YOU to Mr. Lawrence and everyone involved in the making of this great movie. Thanks to the kinkers and set soldiers for keeping us apprised of the happenings on the day to day basis — a truly amazing ride as I have been with you from the beginning and before that on the Bel Ami blog. Sad to see you all go but I know this is going to be one of the most fantastic movies in history and I am sure it will be Oscar bound……. and thank you especially to Robert who has brought the awesome story to life and made it a totally personal endeavour — you are awesome. Once again thank you to all of you great people who made this all possible.