WFE Spectacular Speculations: “In the morning light”

Well, it looks like Water for Elephants promo might heat up ‘very soon’. While we wait…

This picture was yelling at me. “Look at the red! The scarlet with gold trim!” These words sounded so happily familiar that I picked up Water for Elephants for the *whispers a surprisingly large number*th time. So, how about a look back at the book, when Jacob Jankowski sees, for the first time, the circus spectacle he’d accidentally hopped upon?

The following quote is taken from Water for Elephants, Chapter three. Copyright (c) 2006 by Sara Gruen. All rights reserved.

In the morning light I see what I couldn’t last night – the wagons are painted scarlet with gold trim and sunburst wheels, each emblazoned with the name BENZINI BROS MOST SPECATACULAR SHOW ON EARTH. As soon as the wagons are hitched to teams, the Percherons lean into their harnesses and drag their heavy loads across the field.

The attention to detail in this movie is going to blow me away. Ok, time to spill. I’m itching to get the new Water for Elephants edition with the movie tie-in cover. Can’t believe I have to wait until March 2011. That will bring me to…coughtthreecopiescough. How about you? ;)

I write stuff. About books, music, movies... occasionally about Robert Pattinson. *whistles* I blog with WaterforElephantsFilm.com and CosmopolisFilm.com.
This entry was posted in Sara Gruen, Spectacular Speculations, The Book, Water for Elephants. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to WFE Spectacular Speculations: “In the morning light”

1. genevieve35 says:

Reading it now.. fabulous book and so excited to see our Rob star in it.. can’t wait for the world to see more of his talent!

2. Alice87 says:

I think I will do the same thing…. Grab my copy, and reading it for the third time…

God, the waiting just kills me! Robowski where are you????

3. Kelli says:

I just started reading the book for the 3rd time this week too! It is just an amazing book and I can’t wait for the movie tie in book either. But I am so thankful to all of you Kinker’s that keep us up to date on all things Robowski! I love him so and I know he is just going to be FABULOSO in this movie! When I went to see the set it was amazing, it truly looked like I had stepped into the book! I have pics of the circus cars before they were transformed and pics of the tent too…..I live about 30 minutes from where they filmed WFE and it was amazing to see the process. Only got to see Rob once and he was in the back of the car but he smiled and that was heaven!

4. Kim says:

That will be my third copy too! :) Plus a Spanish edition I bought because it had special beautiful vintage pics of the American travelling circuses of that time…

5. Miriam says:

I have 2 editions, the english one and the swedish one :) Will def buy the movie tie-in copy :D

Oh and need to share. I did a book review on WFE on english and got the highest grade possible ;) Thank youuuuuuu great book that makes me engaged!

• Miriam says:

Oh I mean in English class :) lol

• Agnes says:

@Miriam Haha it’s kinda funny and what a coincidence-i did the same ;) I told about this book,wrote a review and got highest grades. And it was really nice seeing so many Polish words and sentences in this book (“Rosie,nogę!Proszę?”)

6. susan wagner says:

I read the book last yr. and am now listening to the audiobook.This is such a wonderful story!!