ARTICLE: Hal Holbrook talks about meeting Robert Pattinson for the first time

The youngest picture I could find of Hal...pretty good resemblance ;)

Hal Holbrook is portraying Mark Twain in San Diego and recently spoke to SignOnSanDiego.com about meeting Robert Pattinson for the first time. Here’s the excerpt when he mentions Water for Elephants & Rob.

And while Holbrook is constantly looking to the past to inform the future, the “Wall Street” actor still has some interesting run-ins with Hollywood up-and-comers. On the set of his upcoming movie, “Water for Elephants,” Holbrook worked alongside everyone’s favorite vampire — teenage heartthrob Robert Pattinson (of the “Twilight” series).

I was astonished when I met him, because I met him with a couple friends of mine and the minute I looked at him, I said to him, ‘My God, you look like me as a young man,’” Holbrook said. “Everyone who was with me said, ‘Yeah, he really does.’

If you’re in the San Diego area and love some Mark Twain, go check out this veteran actor we will soon adore as Jacob Jankowski. :)

Mark Twain Tonight!

When: 8 p.m. Saturday

Where: Balboa Theatre, 868 Fourth Ave, downtown

Tickets: $30-$65

Phone: (619) 570-1100

Online: SDbalboa.org

Debb…xoxo

Source

This entry was posted in Hal Holbrook, Robert Pattinson, Water for Elephants and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to ARTICLE: Hal Holbrook talks about meeting Robert Pattinson for the first time

1. samsymarie says:

I wish Hal would attend the premieres, too (preferable the Berlin one since I am going to be there). I wanna tell him how brilliant he is in Into The Wild and That Evening Sun. *sigh*

2. Pingback: Hal Holbrook Talks About Meeting Robert Pattinson « Thinking of Rob

3. Pingback: The Two Jacobs Meet- Hal Holbrook Talks About Robert Pattinson « The Pattinson Code

4. rpattzgirl says:

I adore Hal, he’s an a,azing actor and still going strong…and he was quite handsome as a young man…but there’s only one Rob!

5. Pingback: Hal Holbrook habla de sus impresiones al conocer a Robert Pattinson « The Vampire Club

6. Pingback: Hal Holbrook habla de sus Impresiones al Conocer a Robert Pattinson | Tu Web de Crepúsculo

7. Pingback: •R-Pattinson.ORG :: Highlighting All Of Robert Pattinson's Career Steps In Hollywood :: Images :: Multimedia :: News Content & Much More...

8. Pingback: Spunk-Ransom.Com || Robert Pattinson

9. Joni Webb says:

Wow. that really is amazing! who knew how handsome he used to be. i looked at the picture of him older and saw some resemblance to Rob’s dad too. But this is amazing!

10. Dee says:

Hal is a perfect older Jacob and as I read it again I had all of the cast in my head.
    I just want to thank all of you for this amazing site. All the effort and hard work you have put into it …..I hope pays off for you at the premiere ;)
    This has been a fun place to come and I hope the whole cast is there that night.

• Melissa says:

I totally agree with you Dee. I have so enjoyed following this Water for Elephants site in preparation for the big day. And I am ecstatic about going to New York April 16-18 and supporting all things WFE. Thank you so much ladies (Kinkers) for creating this site and keeping us informed! See you ladies in New York!

11. Texas Twi-mom says:

Rob is drop dead gorgeous…I was thrilled when Hal Holbrook was cast for “older” Jacob. Both men are perfect for the role. SOOOOOOOO excited for the movie….bring ur kleenex’s!

12. Pingback: Diario Twilight: Hal Holbrook habla de sus impresiones al conocer a Robert Pattinson

13. Elizabeth says:

I’ve always loved Hal Holbrook and have seen his Mark Twain several times.
    Quite a resemblance!

14. Pingback: Hal Holbrook habla de sus impresiones cuando conoció a Robert Pattinson « Celebrity Crushes

15. Pingback: Hal Holbrook talks about meeting Robert Pattinson for the first time « Celebrity Crushes

16. DANICE says:

No tenia idea que existia ese actor, solo supe por que Rob Pattinson trabaja con el en Agua para elefante, yo soy fans de Rob asi que vere la pelicula para apoyarlo , estoy leyendo el libro y me han gustado los trailer.

17. Pingback: Rob-Pattitude.com || Your Robert Pattinson Source » Blog Archive » Hal Holbrook about meeting Rob

18. Pingback: Meninas Vampiras » Blog Archive » Ator que interpretou Jacob Jankoswki idoso fala sobre Robert Pattinson

19. Pingback: + + U l t i m a t e .R o b e r t . P a t t i n s o n { Tu web web de Robert Pattinson en español }

20. Roblover says:

There is a slight resemblance, but there is only one Rob. I appreciate both actors and their work. Thanks for the info.

21. Pingback: Actor Hal Holbrook talks about his first impression of his “Water for Elephants” co-start Robert Pattinson | Team-Twilight

22. Pingback: Actor Hal Holbrook talks about his first impression of his “Water for Elephants” co-start Robert Pattinson | Twilight News Beat

23. Pingback: Robert Pattinson sieht aus wie Hal Holbrook in jungen Jahren?

24. Karen says:

There is some resemblance! I can’t wait for the movie! Thanks kinkers for all your hard work!

25. Pingback: Article: Water for Elephant’s Hal Holbrook talks about meeting Robert Pattinson for the first time « The Pattinson Project – A Robert Pattinson Fan Site