This is out of left field but we’ll take it!

From CountryMusicFever.com:

The Academy of Country Music announced today that Academy Award-winning actress Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson are scheduled to present together as part of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, hosted by Reba McEntire and Blake Shelton.

Pattinson and Witherspoon join previously announced presenters, Nancy O’Dell and Ryan Seacrest.

The ceremony, which honors country music’s top talent as well as the industry’s hottest emerging artists will be broadcast LIVE from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 at 8:00 PM live ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network.

Well….Reese is a southern belle and Rob sometimes sounds bluesy, folksy when he sings…he has said he loves the south…

Can’t wait! What a circus ;)

Source via

This entry was posted in Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, TV Appearances, Water for Elephants and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon to present at Academy of Country Music Awards

1. rpattzgirl says:

This is sooooo BIZARRE!!!! Not the Oscars but the country music awards???? But hell yes we’ll take it!!!!

• LaDonna says:

Robert seems to me you would love being here to do this as much as you love music :). I love counry music , music of all kinds I LOVE LOVE YOURS !! And i would’nt be missing this award show even if you were not on here, because i was Country when wasn’t cool LOL.
      However i am even more excited to know that your going to be on there as well Congratulations its an honor to be asked to those awards by the great south. We love you here in Georgia with all our <3 !! THANKYOU REBA I LOVE YOU TOO SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!

2. Red_Hed_Lust says:

Gotta say my first reaction is – WTF?

3. tinkrbe1l3 says:

The knee jerk reaction is WTF but its not that bizarre. The demographic loves Reese (June Carter) and the movie is rooted in American culture. It’s a smart publicity move and can draw in a large audience. The Oscar folks already know about this movie but this is a way to bring it “the people” so to speak. As I was posting I thought it was weird at first but by the click of “publish”, I really got it and think it’s great marketing. :)

4. Pingback: Rob and Reese to present at Academy of Country Music Awards | Team-Twilight

5. southernbelle says:

Why is it so bizarre? Reese is from the Nashville area, her family is still in the area. She went to school at Harpeth Hall in Nashville. Did you ever stop to think maybe it’s not ALL about Rob. He’s said many times he’d like to come to Nashville because of his music. Bizarre? Really?

• tinkrbe1l3 says:

I thought it was bizarre because the award show is about music. I know they have various celebrities at all kinds of award shows but it surprised at first because it’s a music show. As I said above though, as I was getting the post squared away, it made a lot of sense. :)

6. suzyquzy says:

I’m with Tink on this for sure.

7. Kelli says:

get their faces out there wherever you can, especially together! Good move I think! It will get more people interested in the movie for sure!!!! And it’s always nice for us when he is out and about…..

8. Kelli says:

by the way Tink, it was nice seeing you at the show Friday….

9. Jane says:

will he still be filming bd?
    hope it will fit in that he has a break in filming
    does sound a strange choice but hope they will have a good night, and it s good promotion for the film

10. Dee says:

We’ll take him anytime, anywhere and I agree this is a smart move for him. This may open him up to a whole new group that have no idea who he is (hard to believe I know but they are out there) and they love her.

Oh and I recruited 3 new WFE readers this week ;) They bought the book and couldn’t put it down. They are chomping at the bit for the movie to come out now.
    Gotta spread the joy and the pretty around!

11. Janners says:

All I know or care is I love country music and Rob!! The two combined is a total WIN for me!

And if he walks out in a Stetson and/or skin-tight Wranglers, I leave all my worldly possessions to my niece because this will kill me ded!!

He seems to have a broad taste in music so I’d be interested in knowing if he listens to any country artists (I’m thinking Johnny Cash for some reason…). I agree with Tink’s post…..his music tastes seem to be rooted in folks and blues so I don’t think it’s so out there that he wouldn’t have a couple of country music artists on his iPod.

12. RobCatCdn says:

I agree 120% with you Tink! :-)

13. Pingback: Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon to present at Academy of Country Music Awards « The Pattinson Project – A Robert Pattinson Fan Site